Employee Shift Trading with ShiftPlanning
Most scheduling managers have spent too much time juggling employee shifts changes for a host of reasons. In some businesses, employee shift swaps can be a daily headache for schedulers who rely on old-fashioned methods of scheduling and contacting replacement staff members. When you’re working with 10 or more staff members on any given shift, the problem is compounded.
ShiftPlanning has resolved the issue with a built-in trade Management/trade request program that allows employees to handle their shift swaps electronically. Staff members can request and accept shift trades quickly, easily and efficiently without disrupting management in the process.
How it works:
Any time an employee needs to trade shifts, they can easily access the trade request option from ShiftPlanning’s homepage, schedule view or calendar. By simply clicking on one of the appropriate links, a staff member can:
- Electronically provide their reason for requesting a shift change.
- Indicate which coworkers may be able to cover the shift.
- Check the status of the shift trade on the schedule screen.
- Notifications are sent to the employees selected to potentially cover the shift, allowing an employee to accept or reject the request right from their inbox.
Management has the ability to have complete control over the process:
- Approve or reject a shift trade before a receiver is found, and afterward.
- Initial trade request is approved by management.
- Notifications are sent to the manager allowing them to approve/reject the requests right from their e-mail inbox.
- Rescheduling replacement staff becomes a simple, one-touch process for managers and employees.
- Employees gain increased control over their schedules.
- Managers involvement is drastically reduced in the shift drop / pick up process.
- No more calling in to find potential covers for an upcoming shift.
- Employee job satisfaction receives a boost.
Click here to find out more about what ShiftPlanning can do for your business. Since the custom set-up is free, you have nothing to lose except your old, costly scheduling process.
ShiftPlanning in action
Buzz From around the web
We like that ShiftPlanning doesn’t keep your data behind its walled garden. – mashable.com
With this tool, you can literally run tens of employees with ease. – makeuseof.com
It is an intuitive product, with a nice range of features. – killerstartups.com
Related Case Studies
Live Chat: Is Online!