Let your employees control when they work with Open Shifts
ShiftPlanning’s Open Shift management feature is a powerful tool that allows managers to post open shifts using an Internet browser. Staff is then notified of available shifts by E-mail or text message, or by simply logging on to the site from any computer. Employees can view open shifts and offer to work. Management rules are automatically applied to ensure overtime prevention and other predetermined restrictions.
How it works:
There are two types of Shifts available in the ShiftPlanning application
- Open Shifts allow management to set the number of employees needed to work, and allows employees to then request to work on the designated open shift(s).
- Closed Shifts provide for only management schedulers to add or remove employees to or from a shift. Employees cannot request to work.
- Go to your “New Shift” popup window.
- Locate the option to switch the “Shift Type” between Open & Closed.
- Click on “Open Shift.”
- Schedule an Open Shift.
- Employees will be notified of an Open Shift and can submit requests to work.
- Employees can choose to work on those open shifts when their schedules allow.
- Open Shifts can be posted to cover one or more employees in case of absence.
- Open Shifts facilitate flexible workforce management solutions and effective staffing enterprise-wide.
Click here to find out more about what ShiftPlanning can do for your business. Since the custom set-up is free, you have nothing to lose except your old, costly scheduling process.
ShiftPlanning in action
Buzz From around the web
We like that ShiftPlanning doesn’t keep your data behind its walled garden. – mashable.com
With this tool, you can literally run tens of employees with ease. – makeuseof.com
It is an intuitive product, with a nice range of features. – killerstartups.com
Related Case Studies
Live Chat: Is Online!