The future of employee scheduling software
The ShiftPlanning team is excited to announce that an updated version of our application was released early this morning. The new features were designed to provide a more intuitive interface and allow for a faster application, reducing the amount of time it takes to visualize, organize, and schedule staff.
The team would especially like to send a huge Thank-You to our clients, whose participation, and engagement with the software has helped to guide our product roadmap, and we promise to continue to rely on customer needs to drive development.
What’s new with the application:
- Improvements in Application Speed and Increased Browser Reliability
- New Scheduler Views to include the ability to schedule by Position, Employee, and/or Graphically
- By Position: Conveniently see who and when is scheduled to work in multiple locations/departments/positions
- By Employee: Easily assign shifts by employee and effortlessly visualize who is scheduled to work what and when
- Graphical: In additional to our classic graphical feature, enhanced ‘day’ versions are available for both Employee/Position which better help to visualize daily coverage.
- The new scheduler allows Staff, Positions, and Locations to be added without leaving the ‘schedule’ tab
- Inline totals of Hrs/Staff are now visible within the Scheduler
- The Ability to Drag & Drop Shifts across Days
- Alongside ‘overtime’ you can now set Minimum Hours on a per employee basis.
- An updated ‘Month’ Mode that supports Drag & Drop and displays employee names/initials on shifts
- Ability to Copy between any Timeline (i.e: want only two Tuesdays ago, perhaps a Friday in April? or you can copy your entire busy season) versus Current Week-By-Week Limitations
- Improved Overnight Shift Handling & Support for Multi-Day Shifts
Where Can I Find Out More?
We’ve outlined the new features in the “new release” blog series that you can find on our company blog. Upon logging in to the application, you will also have the option of being guided through an interactive tutorial to quickly learn how to use the new scheduling interface.
So, What’s Coming Next:
While this release was a major undertaking, we still have some great features coming right around the corner and would like to share a quick preview of what we’re working on:
Pre-populate shifts with employees based on shift templates & custom rules
- Improved Payroll Support:
Direct export to multiple payroll applications as well as more support for customizable: wage, salary, break, and overtime
- Integrated Requests/Approvals:
An integrated notification system & management for Requests & Approvals. Including time-saving ‘Bulk’ actions in Shift, Trade, and Vacation Management
Have a Suggestion?
Do you have an idea for how we can improve our current service? Are we missing any features that you would have expected with the new release? We would love to hear from you; in fact we have a dedicated forum specifically for this reason. You can also reach us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions, comments, or concerns.
From the entire ShiftPlanning team, I would like to thank-you for your continued support and business. It’s a pleasure to work alongside so many incredible organizations.I would like to remind you that my direct line is open at any time for comments, suggestions, or just to say “Hello”. Your suggestions and constructive criticism go along way to help us to continue to provide you with the best possible service.Happy Scheduling!Ryan Fyfe