Agile Product Owner
ShiftPlanning builds software that connects individuals to their workplaces. We’re headquartered in San Francisco and focused on creating SaaS, cloud-based solutions that help small-to-medium businesses compete with constant change.
Currently, we are looking for an experienced Agile Product Owner to join our Belgrade team in building our latest product, Humanity.
– Agile-driven development environment. – Startup-oriented. – We are here to get things done, but we like to have fun doing it. – We’re a distributed team across the globe with offices in San Francisco and Belgrade.
– You’re a problem solver, above all else. – You like creating products. – Your ability to self-manage is a given. – You’re a strong, servant leader. – Your skills aren’t limited to the Product. – You’re a fast learner.
Your Primary Responsibilities
– Be passionate about creating fantastic products, and show a good instinct for product direction.
– Take full responsibility for the product delivery and quality.
– Develop a detailed understanding of our customers, their needs and how they use our products.
– Quickly earn the trust of stakeholders to represent their requirements and make decisions on their behalf.
– Manage the product backlog – with a strong understanding of business value and understanding of the compromises to make, and compromises to avoid.
– Acts as a primary point of contact for prioritising and articulating requirements into the development team, and provides sign-off on story cards, and acceptance of all key deliverables.
– Creating and owning User Stories for our Small business workforce management products.
– Defining Story Acceptance Tests and ensuring Definition of Done is complied with before accepting story sign-off.
– Working with User Experience engineers to specify high quality User Stories.
– Research and analyse existing data, competitor products in cooperation with various teams to validate and evaluate ideas.
– Liaise with the business development team to ensure that the system being built meets market requirements (in terms of features and expected transaction volumes), in the most efficient order to achieve proof points as early as possible.
– Understanding of Scrum/Agile is a must.
– Experience with Product Development.
– Understanding of Web Technologies.
– Experience in UX analysis.
– Experience in HR Software.
– Experience in Workforce Management.
– Data analysis and implementation.
– Experience in work with U.S Based companies and clients.
– Experience in developing SaaS software for U.S Clients.
– Understanding U.S people and U.S work culture.
What You Can Expect
– Competitive salary.
– A creative and fun working environment.
– Catered lunch, fully-stocked kitchen, and endless coffee.
– Need to take a break? Check out our in-house workout studio.
– Release your inner musician and jam with your colleagues in our music room.
– Company sponsored events including barbecues, sightseeing trips, and paintball.
Our Board of Directors
Well versed in all stages of web application development and viral marketing strategies. This combination of skills, and his ability to stay on top of the quickly evolving web has led Ryan to achieve top results in marketing campaigns, search engine optimization, as well as building powerful Internet applications.
Christoph is a co-founder of Pageflakes and has more than ten years of experience in designing software applications and Internet services for consumers. Back in 1997, Christoph co-founded German Internet startup DealPilot.com, one of the first comparison shopping services which got funded by Bertelsmann and has later been acquired by Shopping.com. Before and after that he was involved in various software projects and Internet startups.
Mark has been working with startups as an investor, advisor and operator for over 15 years. In 1996, Mark joined Internet Capital Group as an unpaid intern to work alongside and invest in entrepreneurs building early stage technology companies. After spending a few years there, he joined VerticalNet as an early employee, where he helped take the company public and led its corporate development/partnerships team. After leaving VerticalNet, Mark returned to investing, first as an angel, and now as the founder and managing partner of MHS Capital.