How ShiftPlanning Helps You Take Control of Your Hotel Staff Scheduling
automated shift scheduling for every employee at every level and capacity.
staff receives email or text notification of new schedules.
Manage staff skills
stores staff skill sets so you find the right person for the job instantly.
Online schedule viewing
staff can view schedules online from any computer 24/7.
Broadcast open shifts
automatically notify employees of open shifts.
Greater workforce control
track who has viewed and confirmed shifts, eliminating unwelcome surprises.
Efficient Daily Operation
Keep adequate staff on hand
ensure enough qualified staff members are in the right place at the right time.
eliminate unnecessary overtime and stop overstaffing.
employee schedules are created around their individual shift preferences.
Hotel staff scheduling for multiple positions across different shifts each night is a daunting task that hotel owners and managers deal with on a daily basis. Managers working in the hotel industry experience high employee turnover and very demanding clientele — an environment that provides little or no margin for error when creating team schedules.
Let ShiftPlanning eliminate the pressure and help you manage it all efficiently and precisely.
ShiftPlanning is a fully customizable, complete employee scheduling and workforce management solution for managers and business owners in the hotel industry. Whether you operate a small bed and breakfast, or a huge luxury chain, you’ll love the way this innovative tool transforms your daily operations. Get started by signing up for a free trial version of Shiftplanning today.
ShiftPlanning has helped other hospitality businesses and we can do the same for yours.
The Four Winds Coffee & Tea is part of a non-profit organization called the Christ Center. Four Winds, located in Grand Junction, Colorado, opened in 2009 with a mission to give college students a fun and same place to hang out, while enjoying locally roasted coffee and light foods.
Founded in 1999 with six employees, the Wasabi Group now boasts three locations and over 80 employees. The restaurant, begun by three friends in Manitoba, Canada, has a mission of creating a new concept of Japanese cuisine.
Savoury Chef Foods began in 2005 as a personal chef agency that quickly grew into a full service catering business. They’ve catered events for famous politicians, presidents, Hollywood elite, and expertly handled food service at the weddings of many happy couples in Vancouver, BC.
What our customers have to say
From reducing or staff to spending less time on the phones, we saw the savings almost immediately. Knowing that the right people show up at the right place to provide our quality service gives us an ease of mind that is much needed in our fast-paced hospitality industry
Owners and managers in the hotel and hospitality industry juggle multiple roles as they oversee daily operations, track and monitor expenses, approve and implement marketing campaigns, and more. On top of their higher-level executive duties, they also have hotel staff scheduling responsibilities. Every night, hotel managers schedule staff for numerous positions across several areas of operation.
Hotels typically experience high staff turnover rates and have demanding clientele. As any hotel owner or manager knows, pleasing guests and keeping them happy is key to business success. But how can managers ensure guests’ needs are properly addressed when they’re stuck in a back office juggling schedules. They’re often mired down in trying to place the right staff people in the right jobs, while trying to remember shift preferences, availability, and skill levels.
ShiftPlanning software for hotel staff scheduling allows employees to participate in planning their own shift schedules as well as improve manager efficiency and simplify duties. Regardless of how big or small your hotel, the unique demands associated with scheduling staff in the industry requires a comprehensive, powerful tool to get the job done. You need a solution that streamlines and simplifies the process of hiring, managing, scheduling, and communicating with your entire staff.
ShiftPlanning is a powerful online application, especially suited for hotel staff scheduling and handling the numerous other demands associated with managing a hotel workforce. This all-in-one, integrated tool provides one-click, seamless access to time, attendance, staff scheduling, and management reports. Hotel managers and owners who use ShiftPlanning spend significantly less time hashing out schedules and labor expenses and more time actually managing operations.
Team leaders and managers can both work directly with the ShiftPlanning Scheduler:
- Add and import unlimited employees through .csv, Address Book, Facebook and Google Apps.
- Add and import unlimited schedules via .csv and .xls
- Prepare unlimited Schedules.
- Manager staff skills and find the right people for each job instantly.
- Allow staff to arrange shift swaps and schedule changes electronically with no disruption.
- View schedules electronically from any computer, 24/7.
- Create and generate multiple types of in-depth reports based on planned time and actual time.
- Synchronize department calendars.
- Monitor and control labor expenses at one or multiple locations.
- Eliminate over- or under-staffing with automated time tracking.
ShiftPlanning puts state-of-the-art hotel staff scheduling software at your fingertips:
- Automatically notify staff of new schedules and shift changes via SMS text or email messaging.
- No more endless phone calls about schedule and shift changes.
- Create separate schedules for each team or business sector.
- Set up separate schedules for trainees.
- Automatically track and update federal and state health and safety requirements, which ShiftPlanning automatically considers when generating schedules.
ShiftPlanning in action
Buzz From around the web
- Improve staff retention by automatically tracking and scheduling around individual shift preferences.
- Reduce unauthorized absences by maintaining open communication with staff across a centralized platform.
- Eliminate unnecessary overtime costs through the automated time tracking module.
- Track which staff members have viewed and confirmed shifts.
- Electronically broadcast open shifts to all available and qualified staff.
- Access and work with ShiftPlanning from any computer, anywhere, anytime.
ShiftPlanning allows you to manage and schedule your spa staff more efficiently and with ease. Using the ShiftPlanning solution will free you from the cumbersome nightly burden of scheduling and associated tasks. Simplified, streamlined scheduling means hotel managers have more time to oversee operations and ensure guest satisfaction.
Click here to find out more about what ShiftPlanning can do for your business. Since the custom set-up is free, you have nothing to lose except your old, costly scheduling process.