Re: Payroll Reports

We are still having trouble getting accurate totals using Confirmed Time Sheets. It is off 3-4 cents for each person. This can cause our auditor to have fits. I would really like to be able to export directly to the CPA who does our payroll but instead have to print each time sheet, correct the math and then send. It looks very unprofessional and kinda shady. We work with government contracts and have to record actual hours, "rounding" is seen as scamming. Under the time-clock settings there is a place to round the time totals, but that fails to fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

vpschedule wrote:

It would be extremely helpful to us to have a report that shows the scheduled hours vs. the clocked hours by employee and by position.  Is that possible?

Didn't see a response on this.  We are also looking for this feature and the "Employee Attendance" report is not detailed enough to show this information.  We are currently running complex excel reports just to manage our payroll.

Hi @Mason

Sorry for the troubles. Could you please send more details at info@shiftplanning.com including the timeline for which you are pulling the report? Our support team will be able to help on this in real time.

@Chomick,
The inquired feature is one of the most voted request and is on list to develop. As soon as we push this live, we will update you. Thanks for your cooperation.

@Supporttest,

We have a rate card option that allows you to setup different pay rate per hour. Here is the detailed guide on the feature: https://www.shiftplanning.com/forums/vi … p?id=24237
Feel free to reach back for any further questions.

Hi, we are still waiting to have "title" included in the confirmed time sheet report. Is this going to be added anytime soon

I'm using Reports/Payroll *Beta/Confirmed Timesheets / export to Excel

When I export to Excel I end up with columns that I have to delete each time.  Could you have a check box above each column that I can "uncheck" if I don't want to EXPORT that info to Excel?

When running a payroll report 'confirmed time sheets', can you include the remote site that the employee worked at in the report?

Hi I have identified a error/bug in the confirmed time sheets report.  Our team members change positions throughout the day, a team member for example may work in 3 different positions on any given day, each position is associated to a different rate card.  The problem with the report is that it will only show the last position they worked and multiply that rate across their entire shift.

We need the report the break it up across 3 lines to show the times in each position and calculate according to position and rate card.  Can this be fixed please?

We would like to have ShiftPlanning rolled out nationally for approx. 500 team members across 4 sites however without this functionality it would not be practical for us

Last edited by pbruzzan (Apr 8, 2015 - 10:49pm)

We use ADP and it would be great if the report feilds (in the payroll report section) can be selected with a check box.  We have a need to included the job number in the payroll report.  this would be like what is posible with the customer report.
In addition please add an option to group by location not just employee/position (in the payroll report section)

Would really like to see deducted break time on the payroll reports as a separate item.

Is it possible to group payroll by Employee and Rate Card?  Or allow custom grouping under custom reports?

In the payroll reports, it would be very helpful to see who has approved vacation that way they can be paid for that time (if they qualify).

It would be extremely helpful if the confirmed timesheets had a employee and supervisor signature section after you click "print report". So that when the timesheets are printed it can be signed.

An example is attached

Last edited by jiveybwom.org (Jun 30, 2015 - 9:12am)

Post's attachments

Attachment icon timesheet signature page.pdf 163.73 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Would like to see "Remote Sites" and "Breaks" added to the Custom Report "Confirmed Time Sheets"

Is there anyway we can group employees? Not by location or position but a group we can add them to.

If an employee goes on vacation or is sick that day is there any way we can put that on their time sheet? Like that when doing pay roll you know how many hours you are going to put towards PTO/Vacation.

Would be really helpful if "Userid" and "EID" are options that can be toggled on/off in the Confirmed Timesheets report. Also, for the "Show week start" option, can you also include weekly total hours and cost? Thanks!

I would like a report that combines the time sheet attendance statistic report (scheduled hours/clocked hours)  with the vacation summary report (time off). It would also be helpful to have a column showing the total of clocked hours and time off hours so I can see the total staff paid hours for each staff.

I'd like to be able to see the comments section of a shift in the "scheduled hours" report. It would also be great to be able to see the shift title in this report as well.

What would SUPER fantastic that NO competitor has done so far (you'd have a corner on the market) is if you allowed for an hourly bill rate for a given shift (although preferably just assigned to a given position type, as is the case w/ hourly pay rates) and column that tabulates total bill for a given shift, just like total cost is calculated for a given shift and/or employee (in this case it could collapse for a given remote site).

This would be tremendously useful for any service agencies/temp agencies/staffing agencies. Think Lyft and Uber, salons/spas, and more.

kidvillecarlsbad wrote:

Many times in the past we have requested a feature that allows us to put different pay rates for an employee. Our payroll is based on what position/job function an employee is performing and we have different pay rates for different job functions. This is a critical feature for us. Is there plans to provide this feature? our ability to continue with shift planning depends on this feature.

Same here--super important

accurate wrote:

Would like to see "Remote Sites" and "Breaks" added to the Custom Report "Confirmed Time Sheets"

Same--although for us it would be equally important to see "Remote Sites" added to the "Shifts Scheduled" Custom Report

mtabory wrote:

When running a payroll report 'confirmed time sheets', can you include the remote site that the employee worked at in the report?

Agreed! Having Remote Sites listed in all reports is critically important

jamesv wrote:

Hello @Tmwireless

Notes column from payrol reports has been removed but it is made available for Custome reports.

@Crystal.alvarado - We do not fully integrate with HRMS but you export the report in 'Generic .csv' format to upload in your payroll provider.

Noooo having the notes column is really helpful for us! Those who don't need it can just delete it after export.

wastebusters wrote:

I would like to be able to include a billing rate for each position, as well as individual pay rates.

The billing rate would be useful when invoicing clients for work performed.

YES!!!! Us, too!!!

wastebusters wrote:
solomongroup wrote:

I am trying to do project reporting.  The only way that I can see is by using Remote Site, but there is no filter available in the reports based on Remote Site?  Help!

Yes! I work many events, so it would be good to be able to look at/generate payroll reports per remote site.

It would be good to be able to customize the fields that are generated, using check boxes to determine what would be displayed. It would also be good to have a billing rate as well as a pay rate, so it could be used to easily complete a labor invoice.

Also, I would like to exclude certain employee positions from payroll reports, some positions might be salaried or otherwise not to be included in a payroll report.

Agreed that position-specific billing rates and including remote sites in reports with this feature (at least in custom reports) would be super helpful!

Is there a way to show the actual hours clocked in out for a specified time period per employee per department?

Is there a way to get the reports to sort by employee name  rather than showing by dates?

Example: 
Employee 1
9/1 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
9/2 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
9/3 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

Employee 2

Employee 3

Payroll is the MOST important part of this system for us. Scheduling is definitely the close 2nd runner. We are a non-profit and we have to show clear transparency in our payroll. Currently (and since we started in 2012) your payroll is off by 3-9 cents for the vast majority of each record. We are told that this is because the current code does the math and has decimals 4-10 places out. Can you not just change this so it does the decimal only 2 places out.

Our treasurer and finance committee use desk calculators. So does our executive director and CPA...so when I submit a report that has me showing apparently random math errors for most payroll time sheets, I look like I am stealing or over paying my staff. Yeah, 3-9 cents per person may not seem like much, but when it comes to grant writing and accurate record keeping, it looks like I cannot do basic math.

I would LOVE to be able to export our payroll instead of having to make up my own excel sheets based on combos of partial reports from shiftplanning.

Any idea when this fix will be put into place?

Please add an export type of PDF that will show all of the on screen details including cost, rate, shift, etc.

Thanks!

Confirmed Time Sheet Report

Has:

Don't Group
Group by Employee
Group by Employee and Position

PLEASE ADD

Group by Position

We need total hours worked by position, regardless of employee

Sheldon Bray
Blue Sky Cleaners

I'm mostly curious how long something can remain in "Beta" and "rapid development".

I feel like this product is being abandoned for Humanity, the new HR software.

We need to calculate daily overtime and weekly overtime as per Canadian Employment Standards Act.  Right now the options available don't comply with these standards.

The deduct breaks does not deduct breaks taken by the employee.

It would help to have the Confirmed Time Sheets report round to nearest quarter hour.

Confirmed Time Sheets - Overtime be reported on separate row from regular.

Hi Roger,

1. I checked your confirmed time sheets report and it is deducting breaks fine. Is there any particular employee where you see the issue?

2. Have you tried below option from Admin -> Account settings -> Time Clock settings which rounds grand totals?

"Round time clock totals to nearest"

3. To separate over time you may use "Detailed Over Time" option from right side of report.

Please add the option to see when breaks were taken (timestamps, not just total hours)

IS it possible to get on the Work unit and Confirmed time sheets the skills drop down?  As i us it to break up employees and Sub Contractors

ryan wrote:

I've opened this topic for feature requests around the new Payroll Reports.

I would like a Confirmed Time Sheet report without Rate and Cost columns.  This is sensitive data and I don't like it on my screen with others around.

I would like a way to mark employee time as Paid so I can filter days/hours out of reports.

I would like 'Notes' to show as an Option to add to Confirmed Timesheets.

Please add a payroll export option for Evolution By iSystems or add organization levels/location information to your generic export option

We are a theater and I would like to record time under position (House Manager, Concessions, Will Call) and also under job (show name).

I can use the notes field under manage time sheets, but can I get notes to show up on the "confirmed time sheets" report so I can filter by show?

P

I would love to able to have a "Scheduled Hours" report that I can group by employee, but also has separate columns for Friday Start, Friday End, Saturday Start, Saturday End, etc. vs. showing just the Friday Start and Saturday End. Thank you!

Is there a way to create a report that shows scheduled hours vs. worked ours. It would help on the little issues in our payroll.

I would like to be able to include the UserID, location and notes fields in the export file when viewing the payroll.scheduledhours report.

Is there a way to pull the report for say 15 employees instead of all the employees or one employees.  Some employees work on Statutory holidays and need to give them stat holiday pay to some employees and not all employees

Can the payroll reports include information as to what week overtime is worked if pay periods are run from a certain date range like 11th-25th that usually includes more than 14 days? Also can we include the days of the week in the date format as in Sunday a long with the date?

A YEAR later and we are still having trouble getting accurate totals using the payroll  Confirmed Time Sheets report. It is off 3-4 cents for each person. For example, one staff member shows they work 16.77 hours for one week, they are paid $8 per hour, which comes to $134.16 total. YOUR system calculates the total as $134.17.

The problem lies in the calculation of the clocked time. actual worked time, which is carried out to multiple decimal places (16.77125), is displayed as rounded to the 2nd decimal place (16.77). though the math might be correct behind the report, it shows up as an error in payroll. which is a HUGE problem.

Is there any way this could be fix, or addressed?

Is there a way to capture a unique value we add to each employee? We have an assignment ID that is unique to the employee and the position.  Critical to creating the payroll load file each week. We are staffing company.

We are a Staffing company taking your program out for a test drive. So far, we love it. One question however, the profile allows us to set the pay rate for the employee. The problem is that we also have a contract rate...example, employee is paid $15 of a $25 contract rate for their skill set. Depending on experience, some in the same position may get more or less of the contract rate. Keeping in mind that each work location contracts at different rates for the same skill level. The goal ultimately, is to be able to have a report that shows the profit margin.

example: under profile I set the pay rate. Under ADMIN, when I load the location with name, address, country, I am also able to manage the positions assigned to each location (this would be a good place to add that facilities contract rate for each position we are under contract with).

When we schedule the employee you already have it designed to capture the pay rate. If I set the facility and skill they will work, have it pull the contract rate from the info on the ADMIN page, so that I can see not only the employee's pay for the assignment but also the profit margin.

Add a report that will capture both the expenditure (EE's pay) as well as the profit, that can be filtered by employee, position, location etc...

Hopefully that is possible... Thanks

Sometimes my employees (and myself) don't get to have our scheduled breaks, is there a way that I can remove a break from a specific shift? we don't really want to have the employees clocking their breaks as they will forget and get paid for that time - I would rather schedual which shits receive a break and have them/myself remove it when they don't get it.
Thank you

kyle.philips wrote:

From customer:

I need to have integration support added in application for "Xero" payroll provided

We've just migrated to Xero and would love this feature!

Last edited by shyrahmaurer (Apr 23, 2016 - 3:40pm)

Have the option to sort by last name or first name

I would like to see a feature that allows for the scheduling of reports to be generated and emailed to ShiftPlanning users or admins on a regular basis.

ryan wrote:

Our payroll company uses "1099 ETC".  Any chances of this coming down the pipeline?

Thank you!

Hi, The payroll report generic csv export last row is missing the word "Totals" and displays zeros, not totals.  Would you please fix?  It is causing my import into payroll to fail.

Unfortunately with all the good in Shiftplanner we still cannot get a time card properly broken out in a report....
First thing missing: Choose "last Pay Period"  we in put the info it should know.
Second:
By employee, By location, By Job Type by day...with daily weekly and in our case biweekly subtotals of hours worked....

Pulling a time sheet by each employee than one for each job type, manually resetting the dates each time...essentially generating three or four paysheets that the need to be totaled IS NOT MAKING OUR LIFE EASIER.... We will probably have to shop other solutions soon as there have been zero change/improvement in this over time....

Our payroll person should be able to pull a time sheet for each two week pay period and get a full breakdown of the hours by location, type, rate per person. This should be 100% save-able format or query wise and friggin automatic putting timesheets in the mailbox Monday morning....the only hangup would be approving the time sheets prior to automail....

Can a report show each day that is worked not just the range of dates? I need report to show Name, Date worked, Hours, Cost, and Position. Also being able to edit how dates are shown would help. We write dates. 20160704 for tracking purposes.

Hi Rachel,

Since you're using "Time Clock", you could pull the "Confirmed Time Sheets" report to view this information as this report reflects employees name, start and end dates & times, location, position, remote site, breaks taken, detailed daily and weekly overtime along with total number of regular working hours and their cost.

This report also has different options on the right hand side that allow you to adjust the report as per your requirements. You can also group it by employees, employees + position or employee + position + remote site. It is the last report located under the "Payroll" section.

http://cdn.spgrab.com/05_07_16_11_13_49.png

Furthermore, you can also pull the same report using the "Custom Reports" feature that gives you the ability to pull the report with required fields / information.

http://cdn.spgrab.com/05_07_16_11_13_02.png

Hope this helps ~ If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel encouraged to contact back any time. Happy Scheduling!

Nick

When running payroll reports>confirmed times sheets, would it be possible to group by employee and location as opposed to just employee and position?

Can you make the CSV download with the information shown on the report ?

When viewing schedule and timesheet summaries in the reports, I would like to be able to select the positions I would like to see at one time. Right now you can select and view only one position at a time, and it would be useful for me to be able to select/deselect multiple positions at any one time.

chomick wrote:
vpschedule wrote:

It would be extremely helpful to us to have a report that shows the scheduled hours vs. the clocked hours by employee and by position.  Is that possible?

Didn't see a response on this.  We are also looking for this feature and the "Employee Attendance" report is not detailed enough to show this information.  We are currently running complex excel reports just to manage our payroll.

This would be a very helpful addition.

Is there any way the Confirmed Time Sheet report could contain the Status of the employee such as FT or PT. I need a report that will give me:
Employee #
Employee name
Hours worked during a selected time frame.
Status (FT/PT)

With the new Humanity Interface, when printing reports there is lots of extra spaces now.  So when printing a simple Payroll report, it is splitting it into two tables instead of one like it used to.  Can this be fixed?  Also the ability to remove some columns would be great.

I know several of us would like to have a PAY STUB feature.

I am interested in seeing variations and more options for reports.

One report with a two-week pay period would be nice, that automatically calculates overtime per week, which shows on the report (not the total overtime for the two weeks). And the same for Quickbooks. Right now we cannot use the Quickbooks report.

Thank you,
Jen

I am interested in the number of holidays approved and total break hours paid and unpaid to show up in the payroll report.  I can't process payroll for people without knowing how many holidays to pay for so that requires combining 2 reports.

Additionally, I set up different pay rates during certain hours.  I need the number of hours in these ranges reflected as well if I will have any chance of running payroll via this system.  Would be great to get a reply on this.

It would be very helpful to be able to have the option to have a column next to Total Hours in the Times Sheets Summary Report that shows the total scheduled hours. This would allow users to easily see any scheduled vs actual discrepancies to ensure payroll is done correctly and figure out if time management processes need to be changed. Currently I can use the Manage time sheets section but this only breaks it down for each day/employee not a total for the week.

How about it knowing payperiods or a choice of previous two weeks?

Can we get the option to toggle all columns on the Confirmed time sheet report?
especially...location, user ID, EID, rate, rate card and cost.

ryan wrote:

Dear Ryan,

By law we are obliged to show this type of monthly report.

We would like to be able to have a report showing per employee:

1. Employee Total Standard Hours worked (as usual)

2. Employee Total "Night Shift" Hours worked between 23H00 up to 06H00 (new)

3. Employee Total "Sunday Day Shift" Hours worked between 06H00 up to 23H00 (new)

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Johnny

It would be super awesome if we could have payroll reports that stop at the second decimal. This way we don't have to round, we can do down to the penny accurate payroll. The math should be super simple. 8 hours of work at $8.00 an hour should always equal $64.00. We do our payroll by the hundredth of a minute. Seems simple to me. But instead of having to hand write or copy and paste the info into our own spread sheets, got it would be wonderful if we could just print the time sheets with the accurate pay rate and total amount.

It is really hard for small non profits like ours to convince our treasurer and CPA that mega decimal math works for payroll.

Is there anyway you can add the option for the staff to input their tips through the mobile app?

Can you make it easy to print payroll reports for Inactive employees?

Is there a way to customize a specific date range for the Confirmed Time Sheets? We pay every other week and it would be nice to have that option instead of having to make two separate reports for the two weeks and then having to manually add them up.

Thanks!

Last edited by theworshipcenter (Oct 17, 2016 - 10:10am)

theworshipcenter wrote:

Is there a way to customize a specific date range for the Confirmed Time Sheets? We pay every other week and it would be nice to have that option instead of having to make two separate reports for the two weeks and then having to manually add them up.

Thanks!

TheWorshipCenter:  If you click "Confirmed Shifts" the report that comes up is defaulted to the current week.  If you look at the top it will show one week on the date range (example is Oct 16 - Oct 22 for this week), however you can click the date range and make it whatever date you need for your purposes.

The dates CANNOT be changed at the top of the Confirmed Time Sheets. i need biweekly reports also

In the current version I can't seem to change the date range on the Confirmed Time Sheets report. I can choose from the pre-selected options like Last Week and This Week, but I can't select Timeline and change the dates to suit the range I want to see. In the previous version before the report was moved to it's own payroll area I had no problem with this.

In the payroll reports I would love it if I could change the default display to my preferences.

I think it would be helpful to have batch printing. I would like to print the "Confirmed Time Sheets" report for each employee separately.

I need the dates to be able to edited in confirmed time sheets report.  I am unable at this time.

Logging out with out a warning is very frustrating!
Saved customized views would be helpful
Thanks.

Many of my staff have issues recording their time in/out and breaks on their phones/ ipads - which makes this functionality not very useful.

Can we get the report to sort just employee and location?

I would like to be able to look at a report that shows scheduled hours vs actual hours with the option to include unconfirmed time sheets and deduct breaks.  My goal is to be able to assess mid week how we are looking on schedule vs actual payroll expenses/time and make adjustments.  I would like to be able to look and see how many more days an employee is scheduled for the week as well.  This helps me cut payroll hours on a daily basis based on sales and budget.