Re: Introducing ShiftPlanning's Online Employee Training Module (Beta)

We just started using testing the Training module for some basic need to know changes in policy, procedures, etc. and are loving it. The only issue we have right now is the notification gets sent as soon as the box is checked for who is required to complete the training. I actually had a staff member come see me about a training before I was done creating it once because she had received the email notification!

I try to remember to select employees last when I'm creating trainings, but if I let other supervisors start using this for training in their areas, I'm worried they'll have the same issue.

lisawise wrote:

We just started using testing the Training module for some basic need to know changes in policy, procedures, etc. and are loving it. The only issue we have right now is the notification gets sent as soon as the box is checked for who is required to complete the training. I actually had a staff member come see me about a training before I was done creating it once because she had received the email notification!

I try to remember to select employees last when I'm creating trainings, but if I let other supervisors start using this for training in their areas, I'm worried they'll have the same issue.

Hi Lisa - Yes it does go out right away. Can you describe how you would see this work for you, so I can think about how we could implement it.

you should be able to require a certain percentage on a quiz in order to pass it and notify a manager if it is failed, and the Manager should be able to see the answers that an employee submitted. Those two things would be extremely helpful.

With the quiz function, is there a way for a Manager to see how the individual answered the questions?

Hi Shiftplanning,

The Training Module seems to be coming along well and we use it for all our training info now. I have put together a list of feature requests for the Training module and hope you will consider them:

Ability for manager to see quiz answers
Ability to pass or fail a quiz based on a percentage
Ability to notify a manager if a quiz is failed
Ability to have check boxes for choose all that applies answers for quiz's
Ability to only view training topics that you are assigned to
Ability to have training a training button at the main header rather than just on the desktop
Ability to make users re-train on a regular basis (set per topic)(IE: once a month)

Thanks

frp wrote:

Hi Shiftplanning,
Ability to have training a training button at the main header rather than just on the desktop

Great Comments! We will definitely keep these in mind for future development.

This should already by the case - Employees will only see the topics they are assigned to (as manager you will see all), please confirm if this is not the case, or if I've misunderstood.

Thanks for your continued, active feedback!

Ryan

This should already by the case - Employees will only see the topics they are assigned to (as manager you will see all), please confirm if this is not the case, or if I've misunderstood.

Ryan

Hi Ryan

Thanks for the quick response!

We haven't tested that part of it yet. But I will let you know if there is an issue with that.

Thanks

So far, I've had three issues just in making my first topic:

1. I copied the contents of a document from my word processor into the editor box for the training topic.  It looked exactly right in that box, but when I saved it all the formatting tags were shown in the document that the staff would see, instead of formatting as shown.  I worked around this by using the "paste as plain text" in the right-click menu, but then had to go in an fix any bulleted lists, etc.

2. I had a series of quotations in some multiple choice answers and the double quote marks and their contents did not save with the rest of the answers.  I used single quotes instead and they seem to have saved, but see the next point for another problem.

3.  After having a problem with how the quiz appeared when tested, I wanted to clear my own completed status to check if it would work properly after changing it, but could not.  Removing my requirement to do the module and then putting it back on did not allow me to re-do the test.  This would be a problem for me as well, because we are a seasonal business, and I'd like to require my staff to re-do the training topics each year.  With this problem I would either have to delete and re-enter all my returning staff's info every year, or re-create all the training topics.

I would like to directly upload a PDF I already have and then be able to make a quiz about it.

Also, I cant copy from Word to the editor? x

A way to preview it would be good so I know when it comes up all gobbeldygook lol x

Hey everyone,

Love the training module!
Some suggestions:

1) Courses need to allow multiple quiz attempts
2) Quiz history under staff file
3) Reports

Keep up the good work.

Last edited by wildgoosed (Feb 8, 2013 - 8:12pm)

Hey! Can the community get an update on the progress with the training module?

Hi @Wildgoosed -

The training portal is a beta product within ShiftPlanning, so we're actively monitoring feedback and grouping updates together in releases every month or so. I anticipate another one coming in about 2-3 weeks which will include some of the most recent/popular requests.

Thanks for your continued feedback/participation.

Ryan

Hi @Ryan,

Something that would be great if possible would be to remove the text that is over the staff's pictures and put the text below the picture. No matter what color font you use, unless staff doesn't upload a picture, its going to be difficult to see.

Thanks

Ability to track completion status by section and not just overall.
Ability to pull training reports like scheduled reports.
Admin is not able to receive training test request? Why?
Ability to run individual reports based on percentage.
Ability to type in responses instead of multiple choice
Certificate of completion to place in employee file?

Any update as where we stand with this module?

What about the Employees that got the questions wrong!! A report on number of correct answers is vital so the training can be ongoing and effective

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your continued feedback! We're currently working on optimizations to improve overall application performance, with Training being one of those sections.

We're also working on a new version of the training module that will take what we've learned in the current version + feedback received and re-make it into a new module.

Thanks for your continued feedback, and I will share more details on the next version when it's appropriate.

Ryan

Hello @Warren

Sorry for the troubles. I will create a ticket to troubleshoot this further and will update you back.

Thank You for your cooperation.

I've been attempting to copy/ paste an article to a training topic, but it continues to pick up code and I don't see an option to change this. I am also trying to upload the doc itself as .pdf, .doc, .docx and while it shows the document is attached, it doesn't display, and tells me there is no content in the topic. Argh.

@Ansafone:

Thank you for your post. It is unfortunate to have you incommoded. To add a content; please go to "Training" > select a topic (For example: TIPS for Office Email Etiquette) > Edit >
http://cdn.spgrab.com/06_11_13_06_18_02.png

You can assign by Position, Group, Skill and User. For detailed guidance, I am sharing with you helpful tutorials pertaining to "Training Topic".

In case you face any problem, please feel free to contact us back. We're available for your assistance 24/7 to ensure that you are getting full support. Please do not hesitate to connect either to Live-Chat or call us at 1.888.973.6030 and you can also send us an Email at info@shiftplanning.com

I love the new training section! I would like to make a suggestion for it. It appears that after an employee reads/watches video and then answers questions(right or wrong) they are told they have completed the training section. It would be nice if they did not score a certain percentage correct(set by admin), on the questions after reading/watching info, that they were told they did not complete the training and are given a minimum of one more chance to complete the training and the questions. Thanks

HI @Jjansen

Thank you for the contact and sharing your constructive thoughts with us. We will definitely try to add this functionality in our future release.

Please stay subscribed to our forums / Roadmap where other customers are submitting ideas, suggestions and we update you back with newly implemented features.

Hi Shift Planning team!  I love what you are doing with the training module -- super helpful to our business!  Two suggestions:

1.  Allow a wider variety of quiz questions: Multiple choice/checkboxes/short answer/etc.   Along with a way for managers to review specific responses.

2.  Allow data collection, as in, if we want to use this module for HR purposes (collecting personal info to submit to our health insurance company), it would be great to onboard people using this module.

Thanks!  Keep up the great work!

Hello @Robertkorom

Thank you for sharing these thoughtful suggestions with us. You can add quiz topics with multiple choices while editing the training topics.

http://cdn.spgrab.com/28_01_14_18_21_22.png

Moreover, allow managers the ability to review specific responses is already a known feature request and is under our consideration queue. Here is the link to that feature request : http://www.shiftplanning.com/forums/vie … ?id=115187.

Your other suggestions will be taken into consideration as well and will update here once they are live. Please stay subscribed to our forum for more updates.

Thank you once again!

I agree it would be great if you could do multiple answer (IE: Check all that apply) and short answer questions. It would also be great if managers could review answers and make employees redo the training topic and retake the quiz.

I have been trying to use the Training module for company wide training efforts but it is really limited at the moment and is missing some key features.

1. Needs access limitations, only the Training creator should be able to edit the training topic or allow specific access option to editing Training topics.

We require Managers, Supervisors and others to also take Training topics and them having access to Edit Training means they can view answers.

2. Comments in Training topic should only go to the creator and not everyone with escalated access (Managers, Supervisors).

3. Quiz allows you to refresh and start questions over if you get them wrong.

4. Where are the Quiz answers reported? i don't see anywhere to find each quiz takers answers.

5. Quiz still needs additional options, like true/false, multiple answer and essay.

1) When an employee chooses the wrong answer, there should be an error message pre-written by the trainer which explains why that answer is wrong.

2) Additionally, if the employee has the right answer, the trainer should be able to display a message explaining why the answer is correct.

3) The section to ask questions needs to be expanded so you can see your entire message

4) The section for possible answers needs to be expanded so you can see the entire message.

5) If the user gets less than "x" % require them to re-do the test

6) Employees should be able to see their quiz results.

7) When clicking "edit" all the results should not change forcing people to re-take the quiz.

What is often occurring, is that I've added one group of people over time. I test it with one position then add another position. It causes the original position to have to re-do their quiz.

Last edited by ecomcustomercare (Mar 27, 2014 - 12:58pm)

I understand it would be a great enhancement to be added into our platform to make  it more adapting to the needs of our valued clients like you. I appreciate your suggestion; since you have shared it here, it has come into the consideration of our development team and waiting for more votes to finally tickle the buzzer towards the development.

You are always welcome to share with us more ideas as we believe in expanding on the maps which the needs of our clients create for us to address them accurately.

Why is the training topic quiz no being shown in the training module? I entered all the questions and answers in the module creation, yet it does not show the questions or answer choices in the module. Why?

Hi Dtmartco824,

The added quiz (questions / answers) are not visible until the user click on 'I've Finish' button at the bottom of the training topic. This button will only be visible to the user(s) to whom the training topic is assigned.

However, you can currently view the quiz in the training topic's 'Edit Mode', if the topic is not assigned to you.

Please feel free to contact me back, if you've any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Nick Wilson
Customer Support Representative
ShiftPlanning Inc.

It use to allow me to scroll down with the Group or Users list to select the correct option. However, it is no longer allowing me to scroll down within the side boxes to select the appropriate option for who should complete the training module.

@Lmiller:

I am sorry to know that you are experiencing issue with training module. We would love to resolve any issue(s) you are undergoing; but for this, could you please send us an email from your registered email address at info@shiftplanning.com along with the specific details (with screenshot - if possible) and the training topic name?

Thank you for cooperation. Look forward to hearing back from you soon.

I would very much like to have a unique permission option for editing training. Right now it appears only managers can edit the training. My training coordinator shouldn't have the same admin permissions that managers have.

Thanks,
Andy Melton

In order to satisfy regulatory requirements, we need to be able to provide documentation that training was completed, including the date.

Is there any plan for ShiftPlanning to incorporate the ability to run training reports that show who has completed training and what date it was completed?

Additionally, the ability to generate a training certificate after passing the test would be a huge bonus.

Attachments:
dif.JPG

Hello,
than you for this section but...

It would be great if we could change font, size and align of the text - please smile

PROBLEM 1:
Maybe it is only my problem, because I am writing topics in Czech, but when I want to edit old text, some spaces between some words just disappear.

PROBLEM 2:
Sometimes a part of text just change font and size - like here
http://i.nahraj.to/f/Tkt.JPG

1. http://i.nahraj.to/f/Tkt.JPG

Thank you for your attention

Post's attachments

Attachment icon dif.JPG 56.32 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-01-22 

The module is working great, there are a few things I would like to see

- To upload images directly form the desktop
- To upload videos or Power Points directly
- Track the answers people are giving on quizzes
- Track the date and time of completion

how can I require my employees to do the quiz when on the mobile app? Once they signed, it automatically said they completed  100%. On the computer it's perfect!! Great idea.

frp wrote:

Hi Shiftplanning,

The Training Module seems to be coming along well and we use it for all our training info now. I have put together a list of feature requests for the Training module and hope you will consider them:

Ability to make users re-train on a regular basis (set per topic)(IE: once a month)

Thanks

Yes to all of these, especially being able to see what questions the employee got wrong.

Can there be a way for a manager to approve training was completed?

Is it possible to take the completed tick off of training if someone has not completed it but accidentally ticked that they had?  I am using it as a checklist for employees and if they accidentally say it's done I don't think that can be undone.

It would be nice to set up time frames for the training to be competed.
Also nobody that has been assigned training can find the quizzes, so is there a way to make it more obvious that there is a quiz attached to certain training?

Are you making any further improvements to the training module? I just enabled it and don't see permissions so that only certain user levels can see certain parts of the training modules.

Awesome idea! A couple of items are not working for me at the moment. When trying to select "who must complete this" I am unable to scroll through. Also when you make a quiz it does not transfer to the group selected.

Please show the quiz questions to managers without needing to hit the Edit button.

frp wrote:

It would be great it there was some way to force them to do training as soon as they login. Maybe after the login screen if there is training to do then instead of going to the dashboard it makes them go through training first. Just a thought.

Thanks

This would definitely be beneficial! Also, I was testing out the "Quiz" portion of the training tab, & I was wondering if there is a way to see a "percentage" or "score" that the employee got based on the number of answers he/she got correct on the manager's end. If it quiz feature could also give the employee a number of tries to get it right instead of only giving them one chance. Not a rush on that, but the feature would be nice. Loving it so far!

when adding an image is there any way they can been added to the training topics without hosting it somewhere?

Some feature requests that would be helpful:

-The ability to see what questions from the quiz employees got right/wrong.
-Ability to shuffle questions and/or answer options for the quizzes.
-Advanced formatting options (such as indentations, font size and font choices) for the training module text.
-Ability to include a homework upload option AND quiz within the same module. If not possible, some kind of warning text should be displayed since you cannot access the quiz if the homework option is turned on.

One very important feature that may push our team to use a different service is the fact that progress is not saved when the employee answers questions on the quiz. They could answer each question wrong, see the right answers, refresh the entire page and essentially cheat to get a perfect score on each quiz.

Some features that would be helpful:

*The ability to select a position or group, but then also be able deselect specific individuals from the group who may not be required to complete the training

*The ability to embed images within the text without uploading to an external site.

***Access to the test results.
While I can see the percentage correct, I would like to be able to access the actual test results to see which questions were answered incorrectly to target train in those areas. (of all suggestions this is most important, I am the Training and Development Coordinator for a tech support center and would like to be able to use this training module to test our reps knowledge base in order to provide targeted supplemental training)

*The ability to indent, and change character size without utilizing code.

We put together a quiz. There is text that we cannot edit at the top of the quiz stating "Thank you for completing your training. Please complete the following quiz."

That's simply poor and confusing English/context. There should be a way for us to edit/remove this text.